School fees are compulsory and form a necessary part of what makes our school function as it does. Accounts are posted each term and reminders are issued in the school newsletter. Any difficulties in meeting school fees must be discussed with the Principal as soon as possible.
A compulsory and non-tax deductible annual Building Levy of $144 per family is payable. This fee assists the school in debt-servicing of a loan, or a contribution towards a building project.
Accounts are issued per term and are payable in advance (ie. Within the first two weeks of each term). Catholic Education Commission of WA policy is: “financial incapacity to pay school fees shall never be the reason for the exclusion of any child from a Catholic School”. Cases of genuine hardship should be addressed at the earliest possible opportunity to the Principal, who in consultation with the School Board’s fees committee, will endeavour to arrive at a suitable arrangement. All money sent to school should be placed in a sealed envelope with the child’s name, amount and purpose of payment noted, e.g. Fees, excursion, swimming, etc. This should be given to the class teacher at the beginning of the day.
Annual fees and charges including increases are to be set by the School Board in accordance with CECWA advice provided during the budget process each year. The details of all additional charges and information relating to the school fees policy follow below. Discounts will be given for siblings also attending St John’s and are as suggested by Catholic Education Commission of WA:
- 1st Child 0%
- 2nd Child 20%
- 3rd Child 40%
- 4th Child 100%
Kindergarten fees shall be charged as a proportion of the first child’s fees. The usual family discounts will also be offered for all Special Education students at St John’s.
The fees collection at St John’s will follow the following procedure:
- Communication of fees policy at enrolment time
- The fees for the year will be issued at the beginning of Term 1 each year
- Accounts may be paid as one payment or 4 payments (one each term) or a fortnightly or monthly direct debit payment
- Parents experiencing hardship are contacted and a negotiated method of payment is worked out, taking into account concessions and remissions when and where required
- There is always to be recognition of the Church’s preferential option for the poor and disadvantaged
- Accounts are reissued when the initial account is not paid. If fees are still not paid then a follow up phone call is made checking on hardships or the reason for non-payment. At this stage parents are requested to meet with the Principal to discuss the payment of the school fees.
Where parents have made no effort to pay fees the following procedure is to be followed:
- When necessary, at the end of each term the School Board Fees Committee (Principal, Treasurer and Parish Priest) meet and decide on what further action (if any) is required
- Documentation is kept (in Principal’s office) of each attempt to resolve the problem of outstanding fees
- Parents are notified that the services of a debt collection agency or solicitor will be engaged to recover fees
|2011||SCHOOL FEES AND DISCOUNTS|
|Pre Primary – Year 6||$180.00||per term||NOTE:
5% Discount is offered for full payment of fees by the end of the 3rd week of the school year.
|Building Levy||$144.00||per term|
|HCC- K-6||$220.00||per family|
|FULL FEES||BUILDING LEVY||INCURSION||SWIMMING||TOTAL|
|1 Child PP-6||$720.00||$144.00||$30.00||$35.00||$929.00|
|2 Children PP-6||$1296.00||$144.00||$60.00||$70.00||$1570.00|
|3 Children PP-6||$1728.00||$144.00||$90.00||$105.00||$2067.00|
|4 Children PP-6||$1728.00||$144.00||$120.00||$140.00||$2132.00|
|1 Child Kindy||$336.00||$144.00||$480.00|
|2 Children (1 in P-6 and 1 in Kindy)||$988.80||$144.00||$30.00||$35.00||$1197.80|
|3 Children (2 in P-6 and 1 in Kindy)||$1497.60||$144.00||$60.00||$70.00||$1771.60|
|4 Children (3 in P-6 and 1 in Kindy)||$1497.60||$144.00||$90.00||$105.00||$1836.60|
|Health Care Card|
|1 Child PP-6||$220.00||$144.00||$30.00||$35.00||$429.00|
|2 Children PP-6||$396.00||$144.00||$60.00||$70.00||$670.00|
|3 Children PP-6||$528.00||$144.00||$90.00||$105.00||$867.00|
|4 Children PP-6||$528.00||$144.00||$120.00||$140.00||$932.00|